SportClimbs UK is one of the oldest, online, sport climbing guides in the world and has been online for well over a decade. It’s still the only major online topo guide for the UK and currently has 500 pages. It’s a free, not for profit endeavour, and doesn’t rely on commercial advertising. If you’d like to show your appreciation a donation to Gary’s bolt fund is a great way to do so. If you’d like to supply new route or crag information please get in touch.
PLEASE NOTE: The inclusion of a crag or a route does not imply that you have the right to climb there. Descriptions of climbs and sites may be recorded for historical purposes only. Great effort has gone into this site to ensure that grades and descriptions are correct, but as always, climbers must use their own judgment to ensure that difficulties are within their capabilities and accept the consequences of their decision.
The publisher of this site accepts no responsibility for any errors it may contain, nor liability for any injuries or damages arising from its use. Climbing is a dangerous pastime.
- Buxton Area (22/11/21) - covers the area roughly between Stoney Valley and Buxton.
- Anarchy Sector (22/11/21) - 4 new routes added to the topo
- Peak District (22/11/21) - Video guides to Horseshoe, Cawdor, Darlton 2 and Smalldale. Various other minor amendments.
- Moat Buttress (20/11/21) - some minor corrections
- Raven Tor Waddage area (18/11/21) - Long routes in the Chimes area of Raven Tor.
- Raven Tor History (16/11/21) - one of the UK’s most difficult crags.
- Raven Tor Right (16/11/21) - The short but extremely fierce section of Raven Tor.
- Playstation Buttress (15/11/21) - More hard routes just a few hundred metres from Raven Tor
- Sardine Area (14/11/21) - New topo added to this popular part of Raven Tor.
- The Cheedale Cornice (14/11/21) - Updated with new routes and first ascents.
- Cheedale (14/11/21) - Various corrections and amendments.
- Clarion Call Sector (14/11/21) - Page reformatted and first ascent histories added.
- Chimes Area (13/11/21) - This section of Raven Tor contains the Peak Districts hardest climb.
- Graded List (11/11/21) - Graded list of the Peak’s hardest sport climbing venue.
- Dove Holes (14/10/21) - The steep caves in Dovedale has routes up to 8b.
- Reynard's Arch (11/10/21) - The spectacular arch feature in Dovedale
Gary Gibson on the first ascent of On the Stroke of 5000, his 5000th new route.
If you would like to contribute to my bolt fund with the intention of renewing old fixed gear on many of the crags on my web site please feel free to do so via the Paypal link below.
You can buy copies of my book from Cordee
Take a look into my brother’s field of art. Superb illustrative art alongside other more traditional mediums. www.philipgibson.co.uk
For all your bolting needs whether replacement or new, go to www.bolt-products.com