The cliff is easily gained by the track running alongside the quarry entrance to Topley Pike quarry from the pay and display car park to Chee Dale: take a tip, park on the opposite side of the road, its free.
The cliff dries quickly, takes hardly any seepage and gets the sunshine for most of the day. A good evening or short day visit crag with 5 sport routes:
1. Bob Slopes (6c+) short technical desperate.
2. The Beast (7b+) ★ best route. Short section of power.
3. The English Impatient (7b) ★ powerful on undercuts and pockets.
4. Instrumentally Yours (7a) front face of pillar.
5. Thunder Wall E3 6a thin crackline with bulge.
6. The Edge of Donnybrooks (7a) arete with difficult initial overlap.
The Thirst House Cave
An impressive cave in the centre of the dale with just three sport routes at the moment. This is a very steep venue which is best combined with one of the other crags in the upper half of the dale.
1. Thirsty Work (7b) ★ fine fingery sequence on left-hand side of cave
2. Pow-wow (7c+) the impressive line through the centre of the roof.
3. Unquenched (7c) very powerful through right side of roof.